Saturday, August 12, 2017

My Fifty Favorite Films

When I recently wrote up a bio for my new "About Me" section, I quickly realized there was a crucial component missing from my blog. I had never shared a list of my personal favorite films with my readers. Therefore after hours of contemplation, this is the list I compiled. As you read, keep in mind that this is my personal list, so we may not agree on the order or you'll notice one of your favorites didn't make the cut. It's certainly possible that I've a) never seen, b) personally aren't as attached to, or c) somehow managed to forget these films. However, I did a through sweep through IMDB and my Blu-Ray collection so I'm doubtful that I forgot anything. Also, I'm not saying these are necessarily the 50 Best Films ever made, simply my favorites.

To keep my list fair, I'm lumping trilogies together as it spares me from having to rank within the trilogy. I'll leave a courtesy note after informing you my favorite of each trilogy though. I've also embed blue hyperlinks for the films I have reviewed in case you want to visit those reviews, but there are quite a few on this list that I haven't gotten around to reviewing yet. It's a little daunting to rank all these films and especially difficult to whittle them down to a finite number, but I settled on fifty. While ranking these, I changed the rankings numerous times so these aren't set ins tone, but essentially my favorite films. So without further ado though, these are my 50 favorite films.

Dave's Faves


50. Lilo & Stitch
49. Forrest Gump
48. Home Alone
47. Die Hard
46. Interstellar
45. Singin' in the Rain
44. Sing Street
43. Tarzan
42. Skyfall
41. Saving Private Ryan
40. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
39. The Shawshank Redemption
38. Jaws
37. Fantastic Mr. Fox
36. Kingsman: The Secret Service
35. Hot Fuzz
34. Aliens
33. The Grand Budapest Hotel
32. West Side Story
31. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy(Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King).
Favorite: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
30. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
29. Aladdin
28. Up
27. Inside Out
26. Monster's Inc.
25. Arrival
24. Pulp Fiction
23. Planet of the Apes Prequel Trilogy: (Rise of the Planet of the ApesDawn of the Planet of the Apes, and War for the Planet of the Apes).
Favorite: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
22. Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue Of Ignorance)
21. The Incredibles
20. Inglourious Basterds
19. Rocky
18. Terminator 2
17. Alien
16. The Godfather
15. The Godfather: Part II
14. The Avengers
13. The Dark Knight Trilogy(Batman BeginsThe Dark Knight, & The Dark Knight Rises).
Favorite: The Dark Knight.
12. The Captain America Trilogy(The First AvengerThe Winter Soldier, and Civil War).
Favorite: Captain America: Civil War.
11. Logan
10. Baby Driver
9. La La Land
8. Finding Nemo
7. The Lion King
6. Toy Story Trilogy: (Toy Story, Toy Story 2, & Toy Story 3).
Favorite: Toy Story 3.
5. Back To The Future
4. Jurassic Park
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
1. Star Wars Original Trilogy: (Star WarsThe Empire Strikes Back, & Return Of The Jedi).
Favorite: The Empire Strikes Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment