Monday, February 16, 2015

'Kingsman: The Secret Service' Review

I decided to go see Kingsman: The Secret Service today and I loved it! The film has great acting, amazing action scenes, some humor, and an interesting story. The stand-outs among the actors were Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine, and there was a cameo which I won't spoil in this review.  Colin Firth has some great enjoyable scenes and proves that he could star in more action franchises with the amazing fight choreography action scene, one in particular which was done in one take that was very impressive. Samuel L. Jackson portrays a very interesting villain who has charm and is a little insane. Michael Caine is a supporting character who doesn't have too many scenes but I enjoyed his acting. I was most impressed however with newcomer Taron Egerton who managed to hold his own against A-list actors like Firth, Caine, and Jackson as well as performing some fun action scenes and stunts. If Marvel is indeed recasting Spider-Man, I think Egerton would be great for the role after seeing him in this film. The action scenes were incredible to watch and some of the best action scenes I have seen in any recent films. Overall, a great film that I hope spawns a new franchise for Hollywood. I highly recommend you see this film if you like action movies or spy films.

No comments:

Post a Comment