Friday, February 20, 2015

'Whiplash' Review

Nominated for: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor; J.K. Simmons, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Film Editing, and Best Sound Mixing.
Won: Best Supporting Actor; J.K. Simmons, Best Film Editing, and Best Sound Mixing.

This will be the last of my reviews of the films nominated for Best Picture this year at the Academy Awards and I really enjoyed this film. The best things about it for me was how well it was edited, the sound editing, and the performances. Miles Teller was incredible and I was amazed at how well he was able to play the drums in this film, I do however understand why he wasn't nominated for Best Actor. The other standout performance was J.K. Simmons that did a phenomenal job portraying a complex character that manipulates young musicians, etc. If J.K. Simmons doesn't win Best Supporting Actor I will be very surprised as he was astounding. I enjoyed the story and all of the editing in this film. Overall this is a very entertaining film that I highly recommend, definitely one of the better of the films nominated for Best Picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment