Thursday, December 31, 2015

5 Most Underwhelming Films 2015

This year was filled with many great films but I was underwhelmed by a few so I thought I would continue my tradition started last year and once again make a list of these films. Remember that just because these films are on this list doesn't quite mean that I hate the film or dislike it, but rather that I had high expectations that the film didn't quite meet Be aware this isn't my 5 Worst films of 2015 but rather what films disappointed me.

5. Pixels

Pixels was a film with a great premise and great potential that just fell flat. It wasn't the worst movie I've seen this year but it wasn't anywhere near the best or even the good films.


4. Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four was a disaster. The film totally falls apart in the third act where it's clear the studio took control. The film was just very dreary and boring when it was a superhero film about a superhero team that should be bright, cheery, and fun. The reason this isn't higher on my list is because the trailers weren't particularly promising so it wasn't quite underwhelming and this isn't quite my 10 worst films of 2015 list.


3. In The Heart Of The Sea

In The Heart Of The Sea has some spectacular trailers that looked to tell a very gripping engaging story behind the tale of Moby Dick. It didn't quite measure up to what looked to be a potential Oscar contender. The biggest issue was the lackluster characters and story that failed to captivate me or make me engaged in the film.


I'm a part of a minority that actually can say I liked Tomorrowland however there's a very strange ending that made me very uncomfortable and just came across as creepy. This film was disappointing to me in regards that it was made by Brad Bird, who has made some incredible films (No pun intended) and it was just "good" rather than amazing or spectacular. The end of this film just tanked the film and made it "good" or mediocre to me as opposed to what it could have been.


1. The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials

I didn't quite hate this film but I didn't really like it that much either. I was very disappointed as I loved The Maze Runner and had high hopes for it's sequel but the best way to describe how I felt about this film was disappointment. It just didn't quite compare to the first film in my eyes but I hope the next film will be an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment