Monday, June 8, 2015

'Tomorrowland' Review

I was a little apprehensive going into Tomorrowland due to mixed reviews and will admit that I even have a mixed perspective of the film. The first two-thirds of the film are amazing and quite enjoyable but towards the end there were a few things that I found to be a little ridiculous that took me out of the cinematic experience. Nevertheless I enjoyed Tomorrowland as a whole movie. I will refrain from discussing any plot details since the marketing for the film did the same. This film is a fun movie going experience with plenty of laughs, action, and an intriguing storyline that keeps you interested and dying to learn the secrets of Tomorrowland throughout the film. The mystery of the film helps to add to the storyline. Britt Robertson and George Clooney are both enjoyable as the film's two leads and really counter off one another with two distinctly different personalities and outlooks on life. Clooney has a much darker perspective and Robertson has the bright cheerful personality. The two worked well together in this film and I hope that this helps Robertson land roles further in the future. Brad Bird does a great job of crafting this interesting world to explore in this film but unfortunately the film hasn't performed well at the box office as of now so it's unlikely that there will be a sequel. The visuals of the film are quite stunning especially once the characters reach Tomorrowland. Overall, I recommend Tomorrowland since it is a fun cinematic experience you are likely to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment