Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fourth Year Anniversary Post

On this day four years ago, I began Film Assessment with a simple review of The LEGO Movie. I say it's simple because I like to think that my writing has greatly improved since then. Anyways, this started off as something I wasn't sure I'd be doing for long, but quickly became an avid hobby that I'm actively engaged in to this day. For those curious, my blog has accumulated 28,775 views over 436 posts since it was started on February 10, 2014. 

To put things in perspective, that number practically doubles last year's stats! In fact, last year was a record-breaking year in terms of readership as I had three different film reviews seize the title of most read review (these being Beauty and the Beast (2017)- 441 views, Wonder Woman - 499 views, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi- 742 views). Prior to Beauty and the Beast (2017), I had yet to see a review even pass the 100 view barrier, but last year with thirty-one reviews surpassed it and I've already had five exceed that requirement this year. I suppose if I have any goals for my blog this year, it would be for this year's readership to outperform last year overall and for one of my posts to break the 1,000 view barrier. If I were to guess which film review might do that, I'd probably put money on Avengers: Infinity War. However, I challenge my readers to prove me wrong and propel something else that high beforehand.

Before I give everyone a sneak peek at what you can expect to see from me these next few months, I'd just like to take a moment and thank everyone who's read any of my reviews for taking the time to do so. I genuinely appreciate it, and I'm happy to be considered your trusted source for film reviews. If you're not already doing so, feel free to follow any of my social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) @filmassessment to stay up to date with my latest posts.

Upcoming Reviews through May 4, 2018


- Black PantherRelease Date: 2/16
- Early ManRelease Date: 2/16
MuteRelease Date: 2/23
- AnnihilationRelease Date: 2/23
- Red SparrowRelease Date: 3/2 
- A Wrinkle in Time (2018)Release Date: 3/9
- Tomb RaiderRelease Date: 3/16
- Isle of DogsRelease Date: 3/23
- Pacific Rim: UprisingRelease Date: 3/23
- Ready Player OneRelease Date: 3/29
- A Quiet PlaceRelease Date: 4/6
- RampageRelease Date: 4/20
- Avengers: Infinity WarRelease Date: 5/4

Throwback Thursday Review Schedule through May 4, 2018

2/15- Blade
2/22- It (1990)
3/1- Fantastic Mr. Fox
3/8- A Wrinkle in Time (2003)
3/15- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
3/22- Pacific Rim
3/29 6/11- Jurassic Park
4/5- Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
4/12- The Avengers
4/19 6/10- Ocean's Eleven (2001)
5/3- N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment