Saturday, August 26, 2017

Fall 2017 Important Update

Dear readers,

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted a review in about a week or two. Well, that's largely due to the rush of going back to school in combination with many things I had going on the last two weeks. I hope to get back on track with my all my late Throwback Thursday Reviews soon (I'm not sure exactly when that will be, but I'll be working on them till the power goes out, and with it my wifi). However, there will be some unfortunate changes in the next four months. 

I haven't been incredibly open about this, but some of you may know I've just begun an internship with Allied Integrated Marketing. They're essentially tasked with promoting films in the Houston area, and I was informed I wouldn't be able to review any of those films. I was fine with that, considering I wasn't intent on seeing many of these films anyways. 

However, I was recently informed that reviewing any current releases would be a conflict of interest and I'd rather stay away from that murky territory. Of course this news bummed me out, because that meant I wouldn't be able to share reviews for any upcoming blockbusters like It (2017)Kingsman: The Golden CircleBlade Runner 2049Thor: RagnarokJustice League, and Coco.

I'll still be seeing these movies of course, and you're more-than welcome to ask me how I felt about any of them in-person or via any private messaging. I have no qualms sharing my opinion privately. 

I will eventually review a lot of these newer releases, but they won't be published till after my internship is over. What I'd like to hear back from you is whether you'd prefer me to spread these reviews out and share them when they drop on home media or dump them all on the internet all-at-once come December? 

I'm aware that a majority of my readership tends to come to my blog to read up on what's currently playing or is soon to be released in theaters, but I'd like to finish out this internship because I feel that the experience and knowledge may be beneficial later on if I do wind up marketing films for some big studio. Obviously, this means the content of my blog will change significantly till mid-December. 

Essentially, I'll be only reviewing older releases. My Throwback Thursday Reviews will certainly keep chugging ahead and I'll work on uploading my late reviews of InceptionInterstellar, Stand By Me, and The World's End as soon as possible. Over the next four months, I'll be working to introduce unique content to fill the holes of these reviews that I feel might interest my readership. Not all the news is bad news though...

On the bright side, my internship ends the same week my most anticipated film of the year releases. So the force is with me and a timely Star Wars: The Last Jedi review shall swoop in from a galaxy far, far away come December 15th. 

In the meantime, may the force be with you! 

David Weiser

1 comment: