Friday, April 24, 2015

Ranking of Top 10 Marvel Cinematic Universe Actors

Given that Avengers: Age Of Ultron is only a week away from release and it is one of my most anticipated movies this year, I thought I would make a series of Top 10 lists starting with this one about the Marvel Cinematic Universe so I thought I'd kick it off with the 10 best actors in the MCU. I'm basing these off of who I think fits the role best, has given an enjoyable performance, and this is based off of movies prior to Avengers: Age of Ultron so my opinions may change following that film. If an actor isn't on here that you enjoy on screen doesn't mean I dislike the actor or the character they just didn't make the list. 
10. Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury- I enjoy watching Samuel L. Jackson in most of his performances on screen and particularly like him as Nick Fury. He is literally the inspiration for the Ultimate universe version of Nick Fury in the comics, and seems to pull off the role quite well as a director of a secret organization who must compartmentalize everything.
9. Chris Hemsworth as Thor- Chris Hemsworth really broke out and became a big actor after signing on to be Thor and I think Hemsworth handles the role well as a god who doesn't quite understand Earth's customs, etc. which allows for some humorous moments and Hemsworth looks and acts very similar to Thor in the comics.
8. Vin Diesel as Groot- Vin Diesel may not say much as Groot other than "I am Groot" but I think his voice even sounds quite wooden. This is very fitting since Groot is a tree and Diesel says each line with different emotion behind it that really helps to understand the character and I think it's pretty amazing that his character was able to make me cry the first time I saw Guardians of the Galaxy.
7. Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon- Bradley Cooper provides a perfect snarky voice for Rocket Raccoon and his voice fits with what I would imagine Rocket to sound like while reading a comic book.
6. Chris Pratt as Peter Quill (Star Lord)- Pratt really dominates this role of a comedic outlaw and seems to embody it quite well. He may be Marvel's third actor named Chris but portrays Starlord perfectly. I can't wait to see Chris Pratt in other projects such as Jurassic World.
5. Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanov (Black Widow)- Scarlett Johannson really portrays Romanov well and is definitely the best MCU female character at the moment and I can;t wait to see the character further developed in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
4. Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (The Hulk)- Mark Ruffalo was without a doubt one of the highlights of The Avengers and in my opinion the first actor to really portray Bruce Banner and seem to be a convincing scientist. I believe he is also the first version of the Hulk to use motion capture to also act as the Hulk and I anticipate the Hulk to seem much more real after Ruffalo's training with Andy Serkis for Avengers: Age of Ultron.
3. Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (Captain America)- Chris Evans like every actor on the list has really grown and developed the role and I think Captain America The Winter Soldier was the movie that had Chris Evans really embody the role and sink his teeth into it. He only gets better with each appearance and I can't wait to see what he does in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
2. Tom Hiddleston as Loki- Tom Hiddleston really portrays the sick twisted villain quite well and so far seems to be the best villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but we'll have to wait and see how he fares against Ultron.
1. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark (Iron Man)- Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man. He embodies the billionaire playboy philanthropist so well and his charisma and humor is one of the highlights of many of the films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There's no denying Robert Downey Jr. was a perfect casting choice as he is Tony Stark as though he leapt right off the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment