Wednesday, December 31, 2014

5 movies I wish I had seen 2014

You may have seen my top 10 favorite movies of 2014 but there are a few films that I feel could have possibly made that list that I didn't get the opportunity to see in theaters, most of which due to limited releases in select movie theatres. Most of these films had spectacular reviews and a few are awards contenders that interested me. But these are the 5 movies I wish I had seen this year.

5. Snowpiercer

I didn't hear much about this film until after it was no longer in theaters but haven't seen it on DVD or On Demand, or any other online streaming website I heard that it had some awesome action sequences and that Chris Evans gives a great performance but somehow the film escaped my attention so I missed out on it. Hopefully I can see the film soon though.

4. Foxcatcher

This was a film that was under my radar that I planned on seeing but it was given a limited release so very few select theaters had the film but I was interested in seeing Channing Tatum, Steve Carrell, and Mark Ruffalo give what I saw as possible Oscar worthy performances.


3. Boyhood

This was a film that I missed out on due to both limited release and the fact that I had a very busy summer but I was intrigued in seeing a film that followed one child actor as he grew up and required 12 years of filming/editing to make the film. I hope to see this one before the Oscars along with the other strong Awards contender. I am aware that nominations have not been released but this film has a lot of Oscars buzz so I have a feeling it will be a strong contender for Best Picture.

2. Live.Die.Repeat.

I missed out on this film because once again  I was very busy this summer and tried to see the films I was most interested in on opening weekend and I had not particularly anticipated this film because I thought it would be very similar to Oblivion but after it's release I saw the positive reviews but never made time to see the film because there was a crowded release schedule around it's release. I do plan on seeing the film as soon as I can though.

1. Birdman

This is a film that I  didn't know much about and was unable to see due to limited release, but I have heard so many positive reviews about it and the strong ensemble cast. I do plan on watching it before Oscars as it is another strong awards contender.

No comments:

Post a Comment