Sunday, January 18, 2015

'Foxcatcher' Review

Nominated for: Best Director; Bennett Miller, Best Actor; Steve Carell, Best Supporting Actor; Mark Ruffalo, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Makeup and Hairstyling.

I am currently trying to watch all of the films that were nominated for the major categories so I can develop my own opinion of which film I feel deserves to win each category by seeing each of the films nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, etc. I felt that it was a good film but the first half is somewhat boring and then has a crazy ending that I really enjoyed. I thought Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo each gave great performances and understand why Ruffalo and Carell received nominations but I didn't feel that Carrell was necessarily the best choice for a nomination for Best Actor. This is a film I would recommend to watch if you are interested in wrestling or if you enjoy these three actors but I don't think I would be able to watch this film multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment