Monday, January 26, 2015

'Boyhood' Review

Nominated for: Best Picture, Best Director; Richard Linklater, Best Supporting Actor; Ethan Hawke, Best Supporting Actress; Patricia Arquette, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Film Editing.
Won: Best Supporting Actress; Patricia Arquette.

After hearing plenty of positive buzz surrounding this film I have eagerly anticipated watching Boyhood. Now that I have seen it, I can say that it really lived up to the hype. I loved this film and how it centered around what it's like to be an adolescent boy growing up, etc. I really related to the film because the actor is around the same age I am/was so I remember all of these things that happened and seeing technology advance, etc. I liked how smooth the transition between years in the film were and seeing each of the actors actually age in the 12 year period the film was made in. I highly recommend that you see this film because it was one of the best movies to be released in 2014 and won't be surprised if it wins Best Picture at the Academy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment