Friday, January 1, 2016

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2016

The list of the 10 movies I'm most anticipating this year! Next year is a year filled with so many films that it was very difficult to narrow down my scope to just ten films rather than the wide net of all the films I'm excited for.


 Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies 2016


10. Assassin's Creed

I've played most of the Assassin's Creed video games and really enjoyed them. I'm very excited to see Michael Fassbender in the film as he is a great actor and I'm thrilled to see what he brings to this franchise as it transitions from game to film.

9. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

A few years ago the final Harry Potter film was released and it was very bitter sweet but Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them looks to be quite promising as a prequel with plenty of talent. I'm quite excited to see Eddie Redmayne after his Oscar win join a franchise.

8. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange will bring another somewhat relatively unknown superhero to the big screen and I'm very excited to see the Sorcerer Supreme on the big screen. My excitement only grew as Benedict Cumberbatch was cast and as you can see in the picture that was recently showcased in Entertainment Weekly and I think the casting and look of the character seems to have hit the nail on the head. So I can't wait to see Marvel introduce another character to the moviegoing public.

7. Deadpool

Every piece of marketing I've seen for this film is brilliant and perfectly encapsulates the character of Deadpool so I can't wait to see how this film turns out when it's released this February. 

6. Suicide Squad

There are many comic book movies that will be released this year and this looks to be quite a promising one. It will focus on the villains of the DC Comics universe on a team known as the Suicide Squad. I'm interested to see all of these A-list actors bringing this villainous government ran team to the big screen. I'm also really intrigued to see Jared Leto's portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime, The Joker, and Margot Robbie's performance as Harley Quinn.

5. Finding Dory

I remember seeing Finding Nemo at about the age of 5 in theaters and I can say it's one of my favorite Pixar films and I feel it's one of the best and this year we will see a sequel to Finding Nemo. I'm very excited to see Finding Dory as Pixar has made such great films and I'm thrilled to see a sequel that will focus on my favorite character from the original. 

4. X-Men: Apocalypse

I came out of X-Men Days of Future Past stoked for X-Men: Apocalypse and the trailer merely propelled my excitement. The X-Men franchise has a pretty great track record especially those directed by Bryan Singer, who also directs this film, and so I can't wait to see this film. 

3. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be the first Star Wars spinoff and I'm quite excited to see what direction these spinoff films will take and how they will differ from the saga films. 

2. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This film would be number one on my list if it weren't for the most recent trailer that was released. The last trailer showed a little too much in my opinion but it's undeniable it will be great to see Batman and Superman onscreen together for the first time and fighting each other no less. I'm also intrigued to see Ben Affleck's portrayal of the Dark Knight, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Jeremy Ions as Alfred. However I'm still a bit wary of Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. 

1. Captain America: Civil War

This film has had me genuinely excited since it's announcement in 2014 and unfortunately it somewhat detracted from Avengers: Age Of Ultron for me to know that there was an even bigger film that would be released a year later. This is my most anticipated Marvel film up until Avengers: Infinity War for many reasons. First off it's bringing back the directors from Captain America: The Winter Soldier who did such a phenomenal job making that film not only a superhero film but a political thriller. Secondly, it's bringing almost all of the Avengers into a solo standalone film for what is essentially an Avengers 2.5 and not only that but we get to see the Avengers fight each other and finally see the outcome of the fights we envision in our minds. Also this film will be jumpstarting Phase 3 of the MCU. I can't wait for this film and the trailer blew me away so May 6, 2016 can't come soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment