Thursday, September 24, 2015

Throwback Thursday Review: 'Hotel Transylvania'

With Hotel Transylvania 2 being released tomorrow so I figured I should go back and review it's predecessor. New week will begin my series of Star Wars Reviews I will be reviewing in chronological order with the prequels first. Then I will review the most recent James Bond flicks starring Daniel Craig and I will review the Back to The Future Trilogy Oct. 21st.

'Hotel Transylvania' Review 


Hotel Transylvania is a charming animated feature. It has a strong appeal to children and is perfect to watch in October thanks to it's extensive library of monsters. It's story is entertaining and sentimental but doesn't quite compare to the emotional and intelligent storytelling from Pixar, Disney, or Dreamworks. The animation is great but doesn't quite compare to anything from the top animation studios. The strength of this film is neither of those things but it's interesting characters. The film also has an extensive amount of humor and heart. The heart of the film is very strong and has a great message about parenting and learning when to let your children go. Overall, I recommend watching Hotel Transylvania or at least sharing it with children.

Film Assessment: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment