Sunday, February 8, 2015

'Jupiter Ascending' Review

This is the first movie released in 2015 that I have reviewed and it's almost been a year since my very first review which you can view at this link, 'The LEGO Movie' Review. This movie was a visual spectacle with cool gadgets an technology in the world of the film with some great performances. In particular, Channing Tatum really impressed me with his first sci-fi film role and I am very excited to see him as Gambit in the upcoming X-Men films. Mila Kunis also delivers a great performance which I did not expect. The only actor that felt out of place was Eddie Redmayne who performed well as a villain but had a distinct voice that was very strange and annoying to listen to which really bothered me. This film however had a very cluttered incoherent story which is the fault of the directors, screenwriters, etc. The fight choreography and action in the film were great and fun to watch. Overall this is a good, watchable film with amazing visuals and production design that has an overcrowded story with unnecessarily complicated stories. If you like aesthetically pleasing movies I would recommend it but I will warn you that this film has several story problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment