Monday, February 9, 2015

'The Theory of Everything' Review

Nominated for: Best Picture, Best Actor; Eddie Redmayne, Best Actress; Felicity Jones, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Score.
Won: Best Actor; Eddie Redmayne.

This film is the 6th of the 8 Best Picture nominated films that I have watched. I have to say it was my least favorite of the bunch so far. While I enjoyed learning about Stephen Hawking's life the film becomes very boring. However Eddie Redmayne does a spectacular job embodying the persona of Stephen Hawking without going too far and mimicking the physicist. Felicity Jones gives a decent performance but I feel her nomination could have been given to some one else, however I can not think of any of any standout female performances that could have taken her spot. The score was also very beautiful and enjoyable to hear. I do not anticipate watching it again and would only recommend it if you intend on watching all of the films nominated for Best Picture or are interested in learning about Stephen Hawking's life. However, the film is worth watching at least once to see Eddie Redmayne's incredible performance and to listen to Johann Johansson's beautiful score.

No comments:

Post a Comment