Saturday, March 1, 2014

'Captain Phillips' Review

Nominated for: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor; Barkhad Abdi, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Adapted Screenplay.

So since the Oscars are tomorrow I thought I would review as many of the films nominated for best picture as I can. I honestly just watched this film for the first time and loved it. I actually remember seeing this story on the news in 2009 and how interesting it was to me. I'm sorry that this review is very late I just got around to sitting down and watching it. The next review will be Gravity.  I thought Tom Hanks did a spectacular job as Captain Phillips acting as a captain in a hostage situation. This film was most likely nominated on the acting that was done since there weren't outstanding visual effects or anything else that stood out to me. I didn't notice very many flaws with the film that stood out to me and enjoyed the "negotiation" scenes. Overall I believe it was a solid film with great acting from the major and supporting actors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment