Friday, December 26, 2014

'Into The Woods' Review

Nominated for: Best Supporting Actress; Meryl Strep, Best Costume Design, and Best Production Design.

I went to go see Into the Woods and rather enjoyed the twisted versions of many popular fairy tales! I really enjoyed the music from the show and the singing was great as well! I was very surprised with Chris Pine because I didn't expect him to be able to sing as well as he did. There were many great performances but the standouts were James Corden, Emily Blunt, Meryl Streep, and Anna Kendrick. I enjoyed each of the scenes between James Corden and Emily Blunt and any scene Meryl Streep was in as well. The film has a good amount of humor in it as well that I was surprised by due to the way the film was advertised. Also if you are going because you are interested in Johnny Depp's performance, be aware that Johnny Depp doesn't have very much screen time. Overall, I really enjoyed the film and the music in the film as well and recommend that you go and see it if you are interested in musical theatre at all or are a fan of the Into the Woods broadway musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment