Sunday, November 30, 2014

'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1' Review

I went to go see the The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One today and I thought it was a good film. It was accurate to the book but I didn't feel that it was necessary to split the book into two movies. However the depiction of District 13 was perfect and exactly how I imagined it while reading the novel. The acting performances are great especially from Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, and Donald Sutherland. There was a few jokes in the film which surprised me because humor wasn't really present in the previous films. There is little action in the film though, which is due to the film being split into two parts so the main interesting aspect of the film was the use of propaganda to promote a cause. It was really cool to see the impact of the propaganda on the districts! Overall, it's a great film but there is little action in this instalment despite the franchise being action related. I recommend you see it if you read the books or saw the previous films.

Film Assessment: C

No comments:

Post a Comment