Thursday, July 31, 2014

'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review

Nominated for: Best Visual Effects and Best Makeup and Hairstyling.

This is definitely one of my top 3 Marvel movies now! It was just as good as The Avengers! The visual effects are incredible so I plan on seeing it again in IMAX 3D! I didn't see it in 3-D, but I definitely wish I had. The film had more humor than any other Marvel movie. I enjoyed every part of the film and the acting was great! The standout actors/characters were Groot, Rocket, and Star Lord. Chris Pratt did a wonderful job portraying Star Lord and I'd love to see him and Robert Downey Jr. together in a future Marvel movie. Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel each also were great voicing Rocket and Groot. Those two provided some of the best moments in the movie for sure, which is surprising considering considering that all Groot can say is "I am Groot." I was very surprised by Dave Bautista, who played Drax the Destroyer because he is a professional wrestler and despite never acting before managed to deliver some great jokes and some epic action sequences. Zoe Saldana played Gamora and did a great job though she didn't have as many memorable moments as the rest of the Guardians. Lee Pace played Ronan the Accuser, a menacing villain who was definitely one of Marvel's better villains, although not as good as Loki but he certainly a large threat. Overall, an amazing film and I'm glad there's a sequel in the works for 2017. But the post credits scene was disappointing so don't be surprised if you don't feel it was worth waiting. I highly recommend you go see this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment