Thursday, May 29, 2014

'Maleficent' Review

Nominated for: Best Costume Design.

I went to an early showing for the premiere of Maleficent with high expectations since Maleficent is my favorite Disney villain. However I was a little disappointed by the short runtime of the film but it was still a good movie just not what I had hoped for. The visual effects were great and Angelina Jolie did a phenomenal job portraying Maleficent, which was definitely the best part of the film. I thought the twist on the classic story of Sleeping Beauty was interesting and I liked the focus on Maleficent but the film just seemed very short and some parts were a little odd. Overall I recommend you go see this film but if you haven't seen X-Men: Days of Future Past or The Amazing Spider-Man 2, you may want to consider those as alternatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment