Saturday, June 14, 2014

'How To Train Your Dragon 2' Review

Nominated for: Best Animated Feature.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 is one of those rare animated sequels that is better than the original. Without going into spoiler territory, I really just enjoyed looking at the animation it was spectacular and even though it is meant for 3D, I watched it in 2D and the animation was just as amazing to watch. Another aspect I liked of this film opposed to the original is the new message of the challenges to growing up and having to deal with new responsibilities. Hiccup and Toothless' relationship is developed and just one of the many enjoyable parts of the movie. The voice acting was great and there is plenty if humor in the film as well. Overall I think this is one of the best animated sequels I have ever seen (aside from Toy Story 3) and would probably go on my top 10 animated movies list. I would definitely recommend seeing the film and if you are willing to pay for 3D I believe it would worth the upgrade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment